Friday, March 4, 2011

May 2011

I just mixed up a new batch. To give any "tryers" some hints, here is what to expect.

I started with 500cc of distilled water. I added 5 cc of X, which is water clear. Nothing happens. Then I added 5cc of Y, which is a middle grey. Adding this to the mix changes the color of the mix by a little, but it is still basically clear. There are a few little bubbles. The Y solution is thicker than water, but not as thick as honey. Then I add the Z. Z is thick like honey and golden like honey. At first it just sinks to the bottom in a string. Stir it and the solution changes to a plum color.

After use on HP5+, the solution is very dark, very brown that will not pass light.

January 2015

I was looking for a way to get a controlled N+4 contrast with nice shadows and no bulletproof highlights.  I used this same batch of developer concentrates with FP4 Plus exposed at 250 ASA.  I haven't printed yet, but the contacts are encouraging.  I mixed one liter of developer at the 970:10:10:10 dilution and split the batch in a 500cc tank.  10 minutes, twice, for a total of 20 minutes.  The W and X are still clear, but the Y and Z are dark as the brown bottles.

Next roll, I'll try twice the concentration for a lesser time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment