Sunday, April 24, 2016

I don't know if anybody is watching this or not.  I did notice, and if you tried to mix, you'd notice, that the amidol amount was off by a factor of 10x.  It has been changed from 40 to 4 grams of Amidol in 100cc PG.

Although I don't use this developer much, for certain things I like it very much.  It is good for pushing film to higher than normal contrast levels.  It produces a lot of contrast in the shadows without blowing out the highlights.  I believe with different dilutions, there is still much to be discovered about this developer.  I'd also like to add a little restrainer, either potassium bromide or BZT.  This should clear the base a bit and maybe allow for even greater development.

Also, since I originally designed this developer, I'm using a lot of Ilford FP4+.  I'd like to try some of that with this developer.

As a side, while looking around the web for other pyro-amidol film developers, I found this patent:

patent 2877116, Dickerson dev, AF.

More later.  EW

No comments:

Post a Comment